Junior Accountant (20 - 24 hours)
Impraise is looking for a part-time Junior Accountant for 2.5 to 3 days per week to join the Operations team and partner with the Financial Business Partner to ensure processes are not only done but also optimized.
It is our preference to find a person who can work at least 2x full days then a further half-day or full day. We’re flexible though so let us know your preference in the application form.
Please note you need to be EU or already have an NL work permit as we cannot sponsor this position.
Junior Accountant (90%)
Support Celine, our Finance Business Partner, with the following:
- Accounts Cash, Payable, and Receivable
- Key contact between the Customer Success team and finance
- Partial responsibilities for month-end activities including reconciliations
- Expenses management including administration
- Familiar with passing G/L entries
- Knowledgeable about VAT
- Participate on Cash flow forecasting
- Participate in the automation of our finance processes with the ultimate goal that this frees you up to tackle other financial responsibilities
Facilities Management (10%)
Form a team with our part-time Office Manager with the following:
- Kitchen duty
- Opening the door and greeting up our guests
- Office point of contact in case of emergencies which can not wait for tomorrow
Who are you?
Scroll down on this link to read about our company values; we’re seeking someone whose personal belief system is aligned with ours.
You are fast, precise, a quick learner, and love to help in any way you can. Structured, organized nevertheless understanding the flexibility of working for a start-up. You want to learn at every possible opportunity, not only getting shit done but also understanding the mechanisms behind it. You have an eye for detail and critical by raising questions with Celine on any points Last but not least you are honest, transparent, trustworthy and fair
You’ve got what it takes if you are:
- 2 or 3 years experience in a comparable role preferably in a startup environment (you understand how to read a balance sheet and P&L so more than just data entry experience)
- Tech-savvy: enthusiastic about Finance and constantly looking for improvements and system automation. Obviously, you have to be an excel lover!
- Proactive and autonomous: always thinking one step ahead, finding solutions for issues, and doing what you see needs to be done
- Be able to say “no” in a friendly way making sure the company interests are protected
- Excited by challenge and change
- Native or business level English is a must; Dutch is not mandatory but would be helpful
Who we are
Hello, Sveiki, Kia Ora, Bonjour, Olá, Cześć! We are Impraise, an international team backed by the world's most renowned startup accelerator, Y Combinator. We’ve made it our mission to empower people to unleash their potential in their role and career. What does that mean in practice? Energizing performance management, fostering career development, and seizing all the moments that happen in between. We like to work with people who can bring in new skills, experience, and energy!
What do we offer?
- Professional development allowance
- Health allowance so you can get your sweat on or practice your crane pose
- 25 paid vacation days a year pro-rata
- Daily catered lunch
- Company laptop
- Travel for bereavement reimbursement
- Beautiful, new and professionally designed office in Amsterdam’s De Pijp area
- Weekly drinks on Friday afternoon, team buildings, birthday presents, company celebrations, lunchtime dartboard shenanigans, office nooks for naps/deep work, and a cute office dog.