Director of Product
Who are you?
You are an experienced senior product manager with good management and communication skills. You are capable of translating the strategic vision and long-term architecture of Impraise into a product vision for the team. You fully understand the implication of tradeoffs between strategy, software architecture and time to market. You still want to be hands on and support the team throughout the product development process when needed.
You will be the owner of our Product roadmap, aligning it with company strategy and engineering and market constraints.
Your job includes:
- Prioritise themes and respective big initiatives on the roadmap based on the company strategy
- Research into innovative solutions spawned by creativity and deep understanding of the domain
- Work together with Engineering and GTM to prioritise initiatives taking technical and business aspects into account.
- Ensure design and UX standards, principles and high-level process are in place, maintained, and followed
- Advocate for a product mindset across the company, surfacing key product metrics.
- Manage a team with PM, Designer, and Data scientist, support their performance and professional growth
- Continuously improve the product management process from discovery to delivery.
Who we are at Impraise
We’re on a mission to empower people to unleash their potential in their roles and career. We’ve been doing that with our Impraise product, a performance management platform that helps companies foster performance, career development, and all the moments that happen in between.
In 2020 the world changed a lot. With the sudden remote working, companies face the challenge of redesigning how they work entirely. With this change, it becomes even more difficult for companies and teams to create an effective work environment to do their best work. For that, we made Teambase, a new product currently in Beta, that aims to help managers create happier and healthier teams by focusing on three main building blocks: people, performance, and collaboration. We are an international, Y-Combinator-backed team that cares about building delightful products and creating happy customers. We live by our “6 pack” company values. You can read more about them here.
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- 8+ years professional experience in product management
- 4+ years working with agile teams
- Experience working with Engineering, Product and GTM to build a roadmap, aligning company strategy with innovative solutions
- Can make conscious decisions that impact the future performance of your team (e.g. the trade off of introducing tech debt)
- Track record of successfully improving product metrics like user adoption and engagement
What we expect from you in the first 6 months
- Grow user engagement of manager users on the product in line with industry benchmarks that reflect a strong product value
- Support our Product Manager, Tech Lead and others in improving the pace, quality and predictability of delivery of features
- Facilitate successful launches of the MVP and new features together with the GTM team
- Become a central member of the company: the go-to person for the bigger picture around the product organization and roadmap
What we expect from you in 12 to 18 months
- A clear product strategy familiar to everyone in the company and effectively turned into short-term product execution, driving the product roadmap
- Streamlined user interviews and product discovery and turned into roadmap decisions
- An increased number of engaged customers
What we offer
Due to corona-times a lot of our fun things have become digital versions but we still aim to make your experience as an Impraiser fun and engaging
- Vacation policy: 25 paid vacation days a year
- Competitive salary
- Work from home or work from the office: we have adopted a hybrid way of working that supports your preference (and depends on COVID regulations or course). Our office is in Amsterdam.
- Health allowance so you can get your sweat on or practice your crane pose
- Company provided laptop and equipment
- A lot of [digital] fun things such as zoom-charades, Halloween quiz, cake delivery for your birthday, we held our 6th Birthday Bash & Winter Party digitally and have sent our Impraisers goodies to enjoy at home