Back-end Developer (Ruby)
Who are you?
You have several years of experience as a software engineer; you can express yourself fluently in Ruby. You know what TDD and Domain modeling is. You also have a keen interest in what it takes to nurture an energizing culture and a high performing team.
You will own the full development process of features on a platform that scales to thousands of users. You'll be involved in the conceptual phase, define what the product should look like and build it.
What do we offer?
- Learn from a talented team, advisors and investors from Europe and USA
- Mission-driven product company solving a meaningful problem
- Vacation policy: 25 paid vacation days a year
- Up to €150 commute coverage for travel above 10km from the office
- Office Lunch available in the office daily for a small contribution
- Access to company Professional Development Allowance
- Health Allowance: €500 annually pro rata (in relation to wellness and exercise not health insurance)
- Travel for bereavement reimbursement
- Company provided laptop and equipment
- Remote policy: Ability to work up to 4 weeks per year remote to be with your family
- Sponsorship: Visa and relocation (if applicable)
- Weekly drinks on Friday afternoon, team buildings, company celebrations
Who we are
Hello, Sveiki, Kia Ora, Bonjour, Olá, Cześć! We are Impraise, a team of international hackers, business hustlers, and creative brains backed by the world's most renowned startup accelerator, Y Combinator. We made it our mission is to empower people to take ownership of their day-to-day progress and long-term career development. We have a passion for designing beautiful products and we like to work with people who can bring in new skills, experience, and energy! You can read more about our company core values here to learn more about the behaviors we value at Impraise.
- 3+ years of professional experience in computer science working in agile teams
- 2+ years of professional experience using Ruby
- Deep understanding of the Ruby and Ruby on Rails ecosystems
- Unconditional love for TDD
- Experience with Git, and making it a core part of your workflow
- Test-driven mentality, with experience with fast-paced software development teams
- Strong understanding of modern web development, with a hands-on approach to the full stack
Besides these requirements, we value these:
- An active Github or Bitbucket account with active projects, or contributions to other projects
- Curiosity and personal/small projects in other languages and frameworks, our favourites are Node/JS, Elixir and Go
- Getting things done mentality