Mobile Developer (iOS)
A bit about who we are:
Hey, we’re Impraise, a growing, Y-Combinator backed startup with offices in two of the most beautiful city centers of the world, Amsterdam and New York.
We’re on a mission to abolish the painful yearly performance reviews and redefine them so people can use feedback to grow personally and professionally throughout the year. Your work will have a major impact on a huge amount of people working at some of the most high-performance companies in the world.
Work is a huge part of people’s lives. At Impraise you’ll have the chance to work with a team of amazing people with a proven track record of delivering great products.
Check out our Culture Video to discover who we are
A little more about what we do:
Our mission is to help people become successful in their professional life while building a company people love to work at. Think of it to become the fitness tracker of your professional life. We help our clients and users achieve a high-performing work environment by:
- Giving continuous insight into your performance
- Making it easy to collect feedback and make it insightful
- Offering coaching and guidance on next steps in your career
We’ve come a long way already and working together with some amazing clients like Atlassian, Shopify & Booking.com. We see a lot of exciting opportunities and challenges ahead.
Your challenge as a mobile Developer:
You’ll become a core part of our product team. We are currently on a mission to build a product that sets a new standard in the market with regard to the way people’s and organization’s handle performance management and personal development. The team aims to build a product that perfectly integrates with workflows of managers and employees. Some of the most innovative mid-size enterprises in the industry are using our product and the team focuses on building a product that scales with those clients as well meets the high standards of our end-users. Together, we will improve the experience of our two native mobile applications and thrive to deliver an innovative experience to our users.
More about our apps:
- our iOS app is 100% written in Swift (yaaay \O/)
- our Android app has about 23% Kotlin code in production and the rest is Java. The rule is: Any new code should be written in Kotlin.
- We are gradually moving to Clean architecture on both apps
- We use Travis CI and Danger
What you will need to be successful:
- At least 3 years of professional iOS or Android development
- Willing to work on both Android (Kotlin) and iOS (Swift) on a daily basis
- Ability to develop production-ready software, with self-explaining and modular code
- Experienced with writing Unit tests and UI tests and desire to improve our code coverage
- A collaborative mindset, paired with a drive to explore, experiment and execute independently and without attachment
- A deep understanding of software processes and methods, developed through experience
- A keen taste for the kind of beautiful and well-designed UI
- Critical-thinking skills to help you make the best choices when faced with multiple compelling solutions
- You’re up to date with current mobile trends and understand the pros and cons of modern frameworks, having experience with both Kotlin and Swift is a plus.
What we offer
- Product ownership - be part of all stages of the development
- Learn from a talented team, advisors and investors from Europe and USA
- Work in the center of Amsterdam in an international environment with smart and ambitious colleagues from all over Europe
- Be involved in building and scaling a great company
- The space to explore new trends and make decisions on the app architecture (MVVM, Clean architecture, ...)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Lunch and weekly drinks on Fridays after work, company team buildings, celebrations
- Yearly team retreat: we all went to Barcelona this past May!
- Vacation policy: 25 paid vacation days a year
- Up to €150 commute coverage in case you live >10km from the office
- Annual Professional Development Allowance (€1500)
- Annual Health Allowance (€500)
- Sponsorship : Visa and relocation (if applicable)
- Company provided laptop and equipment
- Ability to work up to 4 weeks per year remote to be with your family and flexible working