DevOps Engineer based in Lisbon, Portugal
A bit about who we are:
At Impraise, we believe in the power of people. As a market-leading technology company we make performance management meaningful for employees, actionable for managers, and painless for HR. Founded in 2014, Impraise is one of the most successful people-focused companies to come out of Y Combinator. With offices in Amsterdam, Lisbon, and New York, Impraise has quickly become one of the fastest growing tech companies in Europe.
Serving hundreds of customers worldwide, Impraise is the partner of choice when it comes to creating a feedback culture that empowers organizations and its most valuable asset — it’s people.
Read here more about our most recent funding:
A little more about what we do:
Our mission is to help people become successful in their professional life while building a company people love to work at. Think of it to become the fitness tracker of your professional life. We help our clients and users achieve a high-performing work environment by:
- Giving continuous insight into your performance
- Making it easy to collect feedback and make it insightful
- Offering coaching and guidance on next steps in your career
We’ve come a long way already and working together with some amazing clients like Atlassian, Shopify & Booking.com. We see a lot of exciting opportunities and challenges ahead.
Your challenge as a DevOps Engineer:
You'll become a core part of our platform team, and be responsible for the infrastructure that supports Impraise and its development teams. Some of the challenges include scaling Impraise to support a growing number of users with AWS, Docker, and Kubernetes, as well as building tools and processes to support analytics, monitoring, machine-learning and data-warehousing.
As part of the team, you will also be involved in the entirety of the product lifecycle, in building a secure, performant, and engaging tool used by some of the most innovative mid-sized enterprises in the industry.
What we expect from you:
- 2+ years experience in software/systems development
- Strong software development background, experience building software systems
- Strong background in Linux administration
- Strong experience with IaaS/cloud services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc
- Strong understanding of IT security best practices
- Experience with automation/configuration software (puppet, ansible), and/or orchestration software (docker swarm, kubernetes, etc)
Candidate with the following experience are preferred:
- Strong understanding of computer networks
- Experience with administration of Redis, PostgreSQL, Nginx, etc, at production scales
- Strong understanding of Docker and containerized systems
- Strong understanding of AWS best practices and services, particularly EC2 and RDS
What we offer:
- Market competitive salary
- A meaningful problem to solve that delivers true value for users
- A mission driven team that aims to have a long lasting impact in the market
- Be at the core of a scaling company and impactful product
- Join us in our main office in the heart of Amsterdam, spend time at our other offices in Lisbon and New York City
- Talented and fun colleagues: serial entrepreneurs, psychologists, engineers and people from companies like Google, Accenture, and Microsoft
- Professional Development Allowance
- Health Allowance
- Tap into the Y Combinator network to learn from the best, probably the most valuable network of tech startups in the world
- Fast paced, fun, and energetic company with a friendly culture
- Wonderful office & opportunity to join daily office lunch with your colleagues
- Company provided laptop and equipment and more